You’re a business owner, you’ve got a lot on your plate. Time to offload some of that responsibility onto your website. Having a web presence is essential in that first experience your customers have with your business.
Here are the 5 simple steps to creating a killer website for your customers:
- Choosing a domain name
- When choosing your domain name follow a couple of rules. Make it easy to type, keep it short as possible and make it memorable.
- Determine the purpose of your website.
- Are you selling directly through the site? Or is your website there to get them calling you?
- Find the right platform to build your website on.
- When it comes to website platforms there are a lot to choose from, such as Wix, Weebly, Squarespace and WordPress.
- WordPress is the most common website building platform which accounts for 25% of all sites across the web. WordPress is common because it’s incredibly diverse, using it is free
- (Some add-on features called Plugins charge you a fee) but it has a steep learning curve so you may want to find a web developer to build the site for you.
- Creating a connection between your company’s social media accounts and your website.
- Consider how active people are on social media, and direct their attention to your website.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- SEO is getting your website on the top of internet searches. SEO can be utilized when you know the words most commonly associated with your industry and knowing what your customers are searching for.